Yoga exercises focusing on your back are essential for your yoga backbends, Dancer’s pose, posture, reversing slouching, and a more confident you!
The back of the body is often overlooked, as we mostly focus on core. Strengthening the back is just as important though, because a strong back is essential for good posture, and also helps to alleviate low back pain. And since you use your lower back muscles daily, like lifting things off the floor, having strength in that area will greatly improve your daily mobility. Plus you’ll notice that doing things like back bends in yoga class, Dancer’s pose, or any other pose where your head and tail are closer together, will improve.
Benefits of adding these exercises into your weekly routine:
Supported spine, strong posture muscles, strong muscles to aid in back-bending and poses like Dancer’s pose, reverses slouching.
Take Action with me by joining my blog! Immediately gain access to this workout as a downloadable PDF, plus 25 more workouts, completely free!
YOGA Strong & Sexy Back~
Do each move for 45 seconds. Repeat 3x.
Best results will come if you do these back exercises 2-3x a week.
1. Pull the lower abs in while you are laying on them to support your lower back and strengthen your core.
2. While you are doing each exercise, breath steadily in and out through the nose. Do not ever hold your breath.
3. Keep your attention on your breath and out of your mind chatter.
4. Soften your shoulders down your back, and pull the lats down the sides of the body.
5. Observe the subtle changes that happen moment to moment, and revel in the sensations you are able to create within yourself.
Let your body connect, and open your heart to new possibilities….
1.Mermaid Back Crunches
2.Mermaid Fin Lifts
3. Mermaid Lift & Twist
4. Nemo Swimmers
Check out the Yoga Strong & Sexy Back Sequence created for Pinterest !! If you’re not already following me on there, definitely add me by clicking here!
Pin me! 🙂